To apply please send your cover letter and resume to Shannon Muracchioli at Shannon@closduval.com.
At Clos Du Val, our story is rich in history.
But it is also a living story that is still being written today. Great wineries do more than just endure—they learn, refine, evolve and perfect. As deeply rooted members of the Napa Valley wine community, our team takes remarkable pride in being the stewards of this iconic winery. As its stewards, we see it as our duty to build on Clos Du Val’s rich legacy. Our goal is not simply to leave Clos Du Val better than we found it, it is to make it better than it has ever been.
Job Purpose: To inspire and actively drive efforts focused on customer relationship development and retention with the purpose of achieving set sales goals.
Essential Job Duties: Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Direct-to-Consumer Relationship Marketing & Sales
- Build customer loyalty through superb customer service.
- Develop and execute a detailed communication calendar utilizing printed collateral, email and telesales. Play a lead part in the design/development of associated marketing pieces.
- Determine targeting variables, list segmentations and preference based triggers that will maximize brand loyalty, profitability, inventory depletions, and solidify consumer relationships across all direct channels.
- Manage consumer database and work with Guest Experience Manager to ensure a high level of consumer data collection.
- Create member events with a high level of engagement.
- Maintain online wine shop and registration of parts for compliance.
- Report on monthly metrics and performances including response analysis and ROI details.
Membership (Wine Club) Management
- Directly accountable for achieving membership growth and revenue targets.
- Actively participate in strategic planning of short and long-term goals relating to meeting revenue targets, membership acquisition and retention.
- Develop and implement an annual membership shipment calendar inclusive of all aspects.
- Assist in development of all membership collateral/materials.
- Ensure timely and accurate maintenance of all membership communication and data.
- Supervise and actively assist in the processing of all phone and web orders ensuring timely fulfillment and delivery.
- Participate in membership and hospitality events, greet members, and occasionally host tastings/tours.
- Evaluate, develop protocol, train and ensure compliance of team to a high standard.
- Ensure consistent and clear communication among team and with administration.
- Manage inventories as needed alongside Guest Experience Manager.
- Tracking of membership incentives and rewards.
- Work across departments and fulfillment partners to ensure effective and timely execution of direct marketing programs.
- Create active and beneficial relationships with like-minded businesses, wineries, concierges and tour guides.
- Actively participate in regular manager meetings, monthly team meetings and daily team updates.
1. Hospitable, kind, positive, intelligent and self-aware
2. Inspirational leadership skills
3. Strives for a high level of success
4. Exceptional communication abilities
5. Highly organized and detailed oriented
6. Effective and purposeful management and business skillsets
7. Advanced computer literacy
1. 3-5 years’ experience as a Membership and/or DTC Manager and 1-3 years of supervisory experience highly preferred
2. Ability to excel both independently as well as in a group environment
3. Previous experience and strong competency in formal database management, collecting and analyzing data, dashboard reporting and decision making
Weekends, evenings and holidays occasionally required.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND EQUIPMENT USED: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is regularly required to talk, hear, taste, and smell. The employee is required to sit at a desk and computer station. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORKING CONDITIONS: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those and employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate. The employee is frequently occasionally outdoors interacting with guests and members.